1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 3500 .. plow recommendations?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Mrrustymac, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Mrrustymac

Mrrustymac Junior Member

New to site and plowing in general. Went looking at local plow store and was told no V plow because of the weight (fisher). Searched a bit and kinda hear the same message but really, what do you guys recommend. Im figuring it has to be a 9 footer (dually) I have a meyers classic mount on it now.. local meyers guy said 7800.00 HAHAHA LOL But he was serious. Even said another 400 to mount. So help me out. Truck is paid for and I dont want to sell the kids for a plow. Yes its a cummins! just a baby with 80,000 on the clock.
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

You can put pretty much anything you want on that truck. A Boss 9.2V would be a nice plow...
  3. Mrrustymac

Mrrustymac Junior Member

Yes it would

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Just make sure it is over 8.5' wide. Stick with a v blade if possible. With that truck you will be dissapointed with a straight blade. Nearly not enough snow capacity to challange the truck. NTM much easyer to drive down the road in the /\ position.
  5. Mrrustymac

Mrrustymac Junior Member

Yep. the V is the way to go. I do like the Boss and western plows. Thinking the color has something to do with it.... The snowdogg seems like a decent plow as well..
    Thanks for your help.