1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 2500 3"lift with plow how to?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bigboss1, Oct 16, 2008.

1. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

hey all i have a 97 2500 and i got a great deal on a 3 inch lift and 285x75xr16 m/t's my truck sitting now has a fisher minute mount plow and no lift i was wondering how i could lower the plow to fit the lift first idea i have is to put my other rims and tires on (255x70r16) that should lower it a little but idk if thats gona be enough my 2nd idea is to put a taller cutting edge (i have done this before and it worked on a straight blade) but i have the trip edge so the more leverage the easier the trip which could turn up bad pushin heavy snow so maybe i could put tighter springs on the edge??? idk any ideas or dont do's would be a huge help but i am having a feeling this is gona be a big mess oh yea another idea i was thinkin maybe i could lower the mount on the truck but i have no idea how that will go down thanks again

2. plow tech

plow tech Member

lift the truck then hook up plow see how it sits if to high then fab the mount to lower it shouldnt be all that bad i just did one for a four inch lift butt its a boss it was not to bad to do butt i also have all the welders and stuff to do it,took me about four hours to do it spent a lot of time drawing it on paper to make sure there were no weak points,

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Did you use a calculator? figure the MoI and Kips, or was it fill in the numbers?

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

With a 3" lift and stock tires you should be fine.

5. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

You can fit the 285/75/R16's on the truck with out a lift.

6. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Drop plow

Weld some extentions on the top of the ears of the A frame where the pins hold the A frame to the push beam and your done.Just make sure you Gusset the corners.