1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97-01 bumper ideas?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Jeepm@n, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Jeepm@n

Jeepm@n Member

I have an older mount version of the Meyer E-47 pump where the lights stay with the truck. I used it this year on my 99 Cherokee. It was a snow pushing machine. I had one 23" snowfall this past March and it paid for itself in that one storm. I plan on removing the hydraulic pump and lights for summer as I use this as my toy hauler, firewood fetcher, vacation vehicle.

This system came off a 95 Cherokee and had all the correct mounts. How did you guys with the 97+ XJ's keep the fender wells from hitting the tires on the highway when the plow was off? As the front bumper corners hold the wheel well liners in place. Was thinking I need to get a semi mud flap and maybe extend the bumper corner to fender well liner for some way to attach it.

2. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Mod the bumper to flush mount.