1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 suburban 2500 fisher mm1 install question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by XXL 4RUNNER, Nov 8, 2011.

1. XXL 4RUNNER

XXL 4RUNNER Member

HEY GUYS, I GOT EVERYTHING BUCKLED UP, EXCEPT I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE LAST 2 NUTS/BOLTS ON, THE ONES THAT GO THROUGH THE BACK OF THE PUSH PLATES AND THE FRONT CROSSMEMBER. THE CROSSMEMBER DOESNT SEEM TO HAVE ANY AREAS TO GET YOUR FINGERS IN TO START THE NUT,LET ALONE GET A WRENCH IN THERE.....:mad: HOW THE HECK DID YOU GUYS DO IT :confused: MAYBE IM MISSING SOMETHING....THANKS!!

2. XXL 4RUNNER

XXL 4RUNNER Member

No replies??? Hmmm...... Maybe i shoulda posted in the fisher discussions???

3. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

I have mounted a western uni-mount on an 88 chevy. I think I know the cross member you are talking about. If I remember right I was able to get a lock washer and a nut in there and tighten it down with an impact. It was tight but not impossible. Are you sure your cross member is not filled with dirt. I think mine was filled with dirt and oil and had to clean some of it away.

4. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

There are two open spots looking from the back side of it

5. XXL 4RUNNER

XXL 4RUNNER Member

YEP, YOU WERE RIGHT, DONT KNOW HOW I MISSED THAT :confused:, ANYWAYS THANKS MAN!!