1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 ram with plow whats it worth?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by grosser397, Nov 30, 2009.

1. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

hey guys trying to figure out what my 96 dodge ram 1500 is worth?
    109,000 miles
    8ft hiniker plow [western blade}
    runs like a top
    2500 springs in front end.
    360ci
    plow has only been on there for a couple years and maybe 3000miles since installed. it was my grandfathers plow truck to plow his lake place.

Photo-0004.jpeg

2. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

why are you selling or thinking of selling it?

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

here where I am that truck is worth from $5k to 5,500

4. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

I have my 04 2500HD and have no use for a second plow truck this year. would like to get a dump truck

5. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

shoot i was thinking around 3600 to 4000 for it. but id love 5k:)

6. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

always nice to have a backup truck and it was your grandfathers you should keep it:nod:

7. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

I have been very lucky with my HD and my pops has a plow truck if i need back up. My grandpa only owned it 2 years, bought it and had me put the plow on it used it a couple years then deiced to sell the lake place so he had no use for the truck. Would really like to trade it on like a late 80s to mid 90s chevy one ton dump truck.

8. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

2800 but i had bad luck with auto dodge trans. we have a dakota from my a family member that bought it new in 92 and he didnt abuse it. the trans went out at 60,000 or so. it also had a recall for the springs in the trans. 92 had bad primer or paint because the paint peals. dodge new about the paint problem and didnt do anything about it. thats y i dislike dodge

9. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

the trans was redone after he bought it. the dealer paid for it to be fixed. something with the plastic gear in it? idk im not a dodge guy but i know it shifts like a dream.

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

that truck is worth $5k easy right now up here in ny. body looks solid still.

11. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

every where is good but the doors have rust. herd its called the dodge flu lol

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

o ya dodge's get the worst case of the flu then. dodge's rust out everywhere the fords and chevy's rust but in one truck haha

13. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

It is the right time of year to sell it so set your asking price a little high... $5-5,500. Expect to get mid to high 3's though

14. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

thats kinda what i was expecting for price.

15. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

got a 98 here with out a plow 130k trying to sell it for $3500 no one has stopped so its on the road now.

16. iamhere

iamhere Senior Member
    from Tn

We bought my 99' 2500 with reg cab, tow package, and plow prep (the truck used to have an 8' Fisher on it) for $3500 back in 04 or 05 with 52K on it. Depending on the rust (most likely on the bottom of the cab under the doors) and the overall condition of the truck, ask for 5k but don't take under $3,500.

17. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

if you dont owe anything on it... then it technically doesnt cost you anything to keep it (insurance and reg. is minimal compared to having the cushion of a back up)

and when your gm goes down and the dodge has to come to the rescue.. then all of a sudden its making you money... id keep it .. at least for a while

18. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

pretty sure the dodge tranny would explode b4 my gm goes down. and if you read i have another back up truck to use. i dont owe anything on any of my equipment id like a small dump truck and i could always slap a plow on that for a back up

19. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

I'l give you a 100 bucks and a case of beer Tommy. :drinkup: I would keep it, someone might punch a hole in the oil filter on your dads truck again dam hooligans.

20. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

100 bucks case of beer and the ep911 and another 2000g we got a deal