1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 Ram wiring issues

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by g.moore, Dec 12, 2006.

1. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Headlights on the truck are both on bright and will not go to dim or turn off w/o disconnecting either the relay box or the headlight feed into the Sno Way wiring harness. This happens about once every two weeks and typically one unplug and they work fine, but now after fighting for 3 hours they still will not shut off with the headlight switch. I did notice there is a wire that is broken on the pass side, its a single black wire with its own loom and not tied to any other wires, but I can't find the other end. Any ideas? Oh, not sport and no DRL's.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Disconnect the snoway harness. does it still happen? could be a bad headlight or dimmer switch in the truck.

3. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

No, once the harness is out of the loop all is OK. I am headed out there in about 20 min, it will be light enough to see. Still only 15 degrees tho...

4. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Soon as I snipped the marker light wires all works fine now.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

On the truck, but what about the plow?