1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 ram trouble code

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ptllandscapeIL, Nov 9, 2007.

1. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

On my 96 ram 1500 5.9 im getting the trounble code TPS voltage does not agree with MAP and its telling me to replace powertraim control module,tp sensor,map sensor,wiring any one know anytjhign about this help would be great
    thanks

2. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I cant offer too much help but I would suggest you join a dodge ram forum. I am part of dieselram.com and some guys on there really helped me out. I had a error code and it had to do with the map sensor. I was told to pick up some air intake cleaner (do not use carb cleaner ) and clean the map sensor. I did that 2 times and changed everything.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Get the single model repair manual for your truck. It will have check out procedures for all the parts that are mentioned. I take it you took it to autozone and they gave you the list of parts involved with the code? Most of the stuff all you need is a Digital Volt Ohm Meter to measure voltages and resistances to figure out if the part is bad. The library may have pro repair manuals that have the procedures in them with pictures of the parts.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Get the single model repair manual for your truck. It will have check out procedures for all the parts that are mentioned. I take it you took it to autozone and they gave you the list of parts involved with the code? Most of the stuff all you need is a Digital Volt Ohm Meter to measure voltages and resistances to figure out if the part is bad. The library may have pro repair manuals that have the procedures in them with pictures of the parts.The electrical repair section of the manuals may have directions on using Volt Ohm Meters and testing parts and connections.