1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 K2500 and 8'6" MVP

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jeepxj, Jun 3, 2008.

1. jeepxj

jeepxj Member
    from co

I just picked up a mvp ultramount dirt cheap and was going to put it on a 96 3/4 ton. I called the dealer and they said it won't work. I know many people run this setup. Did you just buy the truck side parts and install them yourself? Also I think I need the 67865 mount is this correct? What wiring kit do I need. I have 2 headlights. Thanks for the help it getting this put together...

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What specifically did they mean when they said it wouldn't work? Were they simply referring to the fact that the plow will put the truck over on the front axle weight rating? (which it would)

Or were they referring to the existing wiring that came with the plow isn't compatible with your truck? (which it may not be depending on what truck it was on previously)

Your mount number is correct. You'd just need the necessary truck side wiring for your application.

3. jeepxj

jeepxj Member
    from co

No they were saying it wouldn't work(not recommended by western). I know the front axle weight rating is over but I am going to put timbrens on and tighen the t bars... I don't have any wiring for the plow. I know I need it for my specifically but am not sure what wiring kit I need. Thanks for your help. I actually haven't talked with them yet but the secretary did and that's what they said... I've been too busy during their business hours but what to get this set up now so I don't have problems when the snow flies..

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Of course it being over on the FAWR is your call, and a set of Tmbrens, a T-bar adjustment and the proper ballast the truck will carry the weight just fine so your thinking is on the right track there...

So basically you need everything on the truck side? The mount p/n you posted is good so all you need now is the wiring p/n's. Which style of head lights does your '96 have? HB3/HB4 (composite)....or the 2B sealed beams?

5. jeepxj

jeepxj Member
    from co

I have the 2 b lights

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How many electrical connector plugs are on the plow side? Two or three?

7. jeepxj

jeepxj Member
    from co

three sorry about that...

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok jeep, your going to need:

8439......Iso kit
    56131K..Underhood solenoid
    26346....Control harness
    22511....Battery cable
    63411....Battery cable

Plus a controller as well if you didn't get one with the plow.

Be ready to drop about a grand on the mount and required wiring....and another $300 if you need the controller too. :nod:

9. jeepxj

jeepxj Member
    from co

B&B Thanks for your help. I picked up the plow cheap so I still won't have much in it.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to help. :salute:

And good luck with your install...by the sound of it you'll end up with a good plow at a nice price.