1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 GMC 3500, and a Meyer st-90

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Kevlarman, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Kevlarman

Kevlarman Junior Member

I've got a 96 GMC 3500, 4X4, and I might be purchasing an old Meyer st-90. The plow is not in great shape, but I'd be getting it a bargain. My question is, How do I mount this to my truck? This came off of a Toyota Landcruiser. I can make a bracket to mount the lifting frame to my truck, but I'm not sure what the ends of the A frame attach to. I've search and searched online, and can't find a diagram on how this is supposed to mount. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Those parts are propriorty to that make and model truck.
    www.centralpartswarehouse.com will have the mounting kits you need for your truck.
    Truck side mounts normally cost between 5-700 dollars.
    Dino

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Kevlarman,

Another thing to consider is if your K3500 is a dually or SRW? If it's a SRW, your gonna be OK with the 7.5' width of the plow, however an 8' (C-8) would be better.

However if your truck IS a dually, just forget the ST-90. A dually NEEDS a 8.5' plow minimum.

Good deals do you no good if they aren't really what you need!