1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 Ford Ranger XLT

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 1SicVic, Feb 15, 2008.

1. 1SicVic

1SicVic Junior Member

well here is a pic of the Ranger the perfect truck to do the apartment complexs we plow can get into almost anywhere when there are cars all over the damn lots cause people dont know how to park! It has a Western unimount 6 1/2' plow and Western 2000 spreader. 4 inch suspension liftand 31X10.5 tires. I have more pics but need to resize them first ussmileyflag

ranger.jpg

2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i like that truck looks like u did some nice work to it. it sits strong

3. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

man that thing looks great with the lift and tires i'd love too see some action pic once we have some snow

4. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Rangers are great, compact and rugged.

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks Great

6. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

1sicvic where in nj are you from?

7. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

i had a 98 ranger that had the 3L ran great didnt have the lift but i did have 31 on it i even still have the rims

8. BREAULT69

BREAULT69 Member

I had a 93 with nearly the same setup. Had a 6.5' Meyer and Buyers spreader. It was a great plow truck. Made a believer outta anyone who doubted a small truck could plow.

9. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

I was talking to my boss last time we were out we both agreed that we need a ranger with a little plow on it to get in between all the cars in the condo complexes we plow. it can be a real pain.

nice setup.

10. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i like it i would love to use one of those for a storm the dump i plow with can be a major pita trying to get into the tight spots.

11. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice trucks, looks good.

12. 1SicVic

1SicVic Junior Member

yea its a 4.0 ltr motor.Were thinking about getting rid of it for a new one it has 130,000 miles on it and still runs strong but me and my buddy who i plow with are thining of buying a new one just cause were kinda anal on equipment and reliability. ive had 2900lbs of rock salt in the back of it and done things no one would ever ask a small pickup to do but she has always come threw. I'll shrink down the other pics of it so i can post them so everyone can see them.

13. 1SicVic

1SicVic Junior Member

Belleville NJ

14. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

what dump insert is in the truck behind it? Also is it enclosed for leaves or wood chips? or are those just sides

15. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I have a 91 that I use for the resi's I have. Has a 22 series Sno Way on it. I love it!! Pics are in a thread titled "solo operators ride".

Your setup looks great!!

16. gump

gump Member

I had a 97 ranger, what a good truck, still miss it sometime's. How does it handle the spreader on the back?

17. 1SicVic

1SicVic Junior Member

It handles it quiet well. mind you this isnt a stock Ranger but usually i have about 3000lbs of rock salt in 50lb bags in the back of it and the spreader holds 15 bags of rock in in and the truck has never complaned about it. wesport

18. 1SicVic

1SicVic Junior Member

Im not sure what kind of dump insert it is. it is not one of our truck but ive been meaning to ask him what kind it is since it is aluminum. it isnt enclosed he usually has it filled up with grass clippings. He is a landscaper we are a tree service :drinkup:

19. shepoutside

shepoutside Member

I'm in the middle of putting a ranger together, any other tips? THanks in Advance!!!

20. 1SicVic

1SicVic Junior Member

we only had the lift in it for about 4 years now. before the lift when i would put about 2000lbs of rocksalt in the back the truck use to squat pretty good after the lift it dosent even move. I put another trans cooler in it to go along with the one in the radiator. and id say the 4.0 motor is a must if you wanna put a spreader on the back and carry a good load of salt.