1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 & flowmaster exhaust

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by roteye38, Apr 8, 2010.

1. roteye38

roteye38 Member

i have a 96 extended cab shortbox and thinking of putting flowmaster duels on #17189 and wondering if any buddy has put this system on and if you have does this system fit without hitting any thing like shocks spare tire hitch any help will be thankfull
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have used flowmaster's cat back kits before. They do fit pretty good. I would recommend putting it together, hang it but do not tighten anything. Just leave it slip fit together. Go around and make sure there is plenty of clearance from brake lines, rear end, etc. Then clamp it down or weld it(recommended) I know the dual kit did not fit my 94 with the spare tire. I had to remove it. But you may be able to adjust something to get the tire to fit with the exhaust. Make sure the pipes are away from the tire a good bit too. There may be a lil adjustment here and there, but nothing major where you would need something bent.