1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 F350 Worth?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Bartlett_2, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Bartlett_2

Bartlett_2 Senior Member

I saw an F350 SRW, with 5.8 gas, in rather good condition with a western 8" uni 65k miles. Truck has minor bubbling on the driver & passenger doors, and needs a new alternator. Guy is asking $10,500 (down from 12), which is high, more like diesel territory. What would you pay? I'm thinking like $6500? This would be a backup, and only really run on heavier storms. I want to make an offer, but don't want to be out of line...
  2. trevier

trevier Senior Member

what's the plow worth,2k maybe, I would think a truck that old would be worth around 7-8k with a plow, I had a 250 that year, bought new, same motor, terrible gas mileage, had the suspension of a bulldozer, drove it till it had a 130k miles on it, plowed with also, man I loved that truck,
  3. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Where do you guys keep finding these crazy prices on truck, just because it is getting ready to snow, people double the price on there trucks.

I need to say that I am a diehard Ford Guy!!

That is just way to high,ok first it is a 15 yr old truck with a ***** gas v8 and mostly likely auto tranny, I doubt the mileage is right unless it has been sitting most of it's life, which is just as bad or worse than high miles. Smack yourself and look a way from the light. There are other trucks in the sea.
  4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I have the same truck and I bought it about 3 years ago now for $5800. came with a unimount as well. it also had a set of dedicated snow tires and rims that were in new condition. - i sold both the plow and the tires as i had both from my old truck that i wanted to put on my '96. truck had about 95k on it.

its a great truck, but only does about 10-12 mpg - but i already knew that before i got it. otherwise i have zero compliants.

I did a lot of work to the truck after i bought it - not becuase it needed it - but becuase i wanted to. here's a thread where i detail some of the work i did - it may be useful info to you if you decide to do some upgrades if you get the truck.

5. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

I don't know how much difference it makes but im from Ottawa Ontario and I can pick up a Ford F350 Gas, 4x4 , year 1999, with 49374k miles on it for an asking price of $10,000
    with no paint or rust issues.
  6. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

High book on this truck is like 5k. Check out NADA, Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds. Where do people get these prices? Check out sites, print out prices and take them to the seller! In fact I would deduct the cost of a new alternator and labor from book and offer that. If truck is so good why doesn't the seller throw a new alternator on it?
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  7. Bartlett_2

Bartlett_2 Senior Member

Thanks for the responses. I checked KBB & nada, and they rated it at 5k, and the plow was rough. I ended up not even making an offer, since I was so far apart from where he was. Saw tons of newer fords for 8-12k, a handful with diesels too...