1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 f350 unimount v. 01 superduty unimount straight blade. swap. what converts?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Freshwater, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Guess what I'm asking is what can I leave in place on each truck. What has to transfer from truck to truck. And will there be anything I need to find/buy to complete process? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated thanks.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The mount. Maybe the headlight adapters if the lights are different

3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i'm not sure i entirely understand your question? are you saying you have a complete unimount setup on a 96 F350 and you want to swap it all over to an 01?

truckside mount from a '96 F350 will not fit an '01.
    your '96 F350 truckside mount will fit:
    1) all 92-96 F250s and F350s
    2) all 97 F350s
    3) 97 heavy duty F250s (not 97 light duty F250s which are the newer body style)

4. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

I have both trucks with complete working setups. I want the straight blade on the 96, and the v on the 01. Clearly the mounts stay on their respective trucks. Main harnesses will have to be switched, controllers will have to be switched. If headlights adapters stay will they plug into the new harness or do I need brand new ones. I'm trying not to pull everything completely off both trucks. Thanks Aaron.

5. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

Both trucks have 9007 headlights, so that works.

Marker lights are just taps…

The harnesses should swap fairly easily. Just might have an issue on lengths of certain wires.

As long as they are both Uni-Mount then the plows should like you said, pin right on to either truck.

6. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Thanks for the replies fellas. Sorry if I wasn't totally clear at first. I wasn't sure how to really ask. With the headlights being the same should be a fairly straight forward swap. Thank you again.