1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 F350 rehab

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by FordFisherman, Mar 8, 2009.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Put the rims on, wash and wax, new cab steps. Already replaced the water pump and starter (would not start 1am that last storm). Next is a new bed, fenders and paint. I'll try to take pics as I go.

Cleaned Up For Spring.jpg

100_2937.jpg

100_2936.jpg

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

very nice looks really sharp, i love the looks of those rims:salute:

3. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good. How do you like the small running boards?

4. FordFisherman

from 06611

So far the small steps work good. I had full diamond plate boards on another truck and they got munched on snow banks, so I figured I'd give these a try. Thanks on the rims- they cleaned up nice.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck! I love the look of those OBS fords! I wish my 94 was that clean looking!

6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

its a great looking truck. a new bed and it will look new again!

7. FordFisherman

from 06611

Thanks. Rust never sleeps. But I guess anything can be fixed if you throw enough cash at it.payup

8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

yep I know what your saying. my old gmc the cab corners were going and I fixed them. Bent my own cab corners and did it myself. and painted it. Now I am doing my f250. but didnt get around to paiting it yet.

9. FordFisherman

from 06611

I tried to fix the bed but its too far gone and the floor is shot too. Found a nice one on C/L for $200; just need a tailgate.

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

$200 thats not bad at all. ya rust is a pain. because once it rusts once it is gonna rust in the same spot again. They sell panels for the bedside. but if you can get a box for $200 screw the panels lol.

11. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

man i love those old fords, thats a great truck! give it whatever it needs

12. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

i agree keep that old ford pushing i love them older style they just look tough

13. FordFisherman

from 06611

Thanks- Once the truck is done, the plow is next.

14. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Nice truck, I'm in the process of replacing body parts on my 97 7.3. Just bought new doors and a bed. Paint is expensive so I'm trying to find someone to do it cheap since its a work truck.

15. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I would leave those small steps off of the truck....never really liked the look of them JMO though......i'm a chevy guy but i absolutely love the look of that style ford, especially the F350. If i found one in good shape with a PS motor in it, i wouldn't hesitate to buy it! Nice truck!

16. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Rust....had a 83 ford box floor rusted right out had plywood in it as a bed, easy to work on back of the truck just lifted the plywood up lol

17. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking ride. That's my favorite style ever made of any brand truck. It's too bas that it's getting so hard to find them in decent shape.

18. FordFisherman

from 06611

Thanks for the replies. The hardest part for me is drawing a line on how far to take the rehab. Its a work truck, but I want it to look respectable and be reliable. The truck paid for itself and then some this year, but the profits can get chewed up fast with bodywork and paint.

19. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Where did you guys get your beds? Ive been looking around a little bit for a new one but havent come across anything worth while yet. And i think before next winter i will be replacing a door and getting a new paint job.

20. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Looks great! Gotta love these OBS fords. My rear wheel wheels rusted too. i just picked up a new bed for truck also but you got an amazing deal. Post some pic's when you get around to putting the bed on. I'm jealous i wish mine was PS. Looks awesome! :)