1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 f250 powerstroke, w/7.5' meyer

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by kc2006, Aug 11, 2008.

1. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

Selling my truck and wanted to throw it on here. I won't be able to let it go until probably mid september, but wanted to get the word out before hand. Church I go to is thinking about buying it, but nothing solid has been said yet so its up for grabs.

It's a 96 f250, xlt 4x4, powerstroke diesel, auto trans, std cab, i'm the second owner. First owner used it as a personal truck then I bought it and was the only to ever drive it, it was plowed with for one winter only, it hasn't been a plow truck it's whole life. Truck has 280,000 miles and still runs great.

Has a 6 position chip with a high idle setting to get it warmed up faster in the winter, 3" downpipe with 4" exhaust, cold air intake, the trans had tricummulator springs and sunnex valve installed, and a better cooler, trans stays 155 degrees while pulling, sometimes goes to 175 when it's 90's out. All fluids were just changed last fall, installed new balljoints, new tierods, new u-joints, and alignment bushings in March, just had it aligned and installed 265/75/16 Cooper discoverer S/T's ($650) about a week ago, put a new starter in about a week ago, and replaced the vacuum pump for the brakes a few weeks ago. Also installed a new alternator in march. Did all new brakes and shocks in spring of last year, and added a helper spring in the front last fall. Also has a 3 gauge set up on the a-pillar, the gauges dim with the dash it was set up right.

I did some body work to it in march, cut out the little bit of rust on the wheel openings and welded in patches, painted it all, sprayed bed liner and put fender flares on. The whole bottom of the truck was sprayed with bedliner and painted white to match the truck, theres still some spots that need attention but the truck looks good for a work truck. The plow is a 7.5' meyer steel moldboard, old style lights, classic style mounting, e60 pump, touchpad controler. I just installed it all last year, all the wiring was brand new when i installed it. Moldboard will need painted, and the pump needs seals.

Never had an issue with anything last year with plowing, I went through the truck after the season to freshen the front end up and asyou can see got new tires thinking i was using it this year, but got a good deal on a newer truck so i'm selling this one. The truck might use a half a quart in 5000 miles, and you get alittle white smoke in the morning if the chip is left on which is unburnt fuel, never blue though.

Blue book even with the miles is pretty high, is 5500-6800, and thats without the plow. I guess I'm asking 5800, but I'm not going to move too far on the price.

I'll try to get pics today or tomorrow.

As for fuel mileage, the thing is killer on fuel! I'd normally plow for 5 hours doing parking lots, then go do drives for another 5 hours and use a half a tank at most. some may call bs, but I get 18-20 mpg around town even with my trailer, and on a road trip in the spring i averaged 24.8mpg. I have reciepts to prove! I know alot of people can't believe a truck actually gets good mileage, but like i said, got reciepts and i marked the mileage on each to prove the almost 25mpg!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  2. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

3. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

any newer pics? im in rocky river. where are you located?

4. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

Heres more pics i took today. I'm in Youngstown, about an hour away from cleveland.

5540929807_ORIG.jpeg

5540929805_ORIG.jpeg

5540929800_ORIG.jpeg