1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 f250 electric doors

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowplowpro, Jan 24, 2013.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

I'm just trying to figure out what I'm up against I plan on doing new doors there power doors locks and windows. My question is . Is the wiring in the doors plug in or do I have to splice them the current doors are power to but do I just unplug them or do I have to sit there and splice them.

2. trevier

trevier Senior Member

male female connections, I had a 96 f250, I had to change the drivers side door hinge when it broke on me, major PIA, good luck,

3. snowplowpro

from NJ

Thanks I really looking forward to this

4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

they are plug and play.
    easy to do, the only problem is they weight of the dour makes hanging them tricky.

5. snowplowpro

from NJ

Well I have help hanging them it was just the wireing I was asking about cause if I had to splice them I would wait

6. rattler

rattler Junior Member
    from PEI

The only thing you might run into is the wiring is different for trucks that have keyless entry than the non keyless entry trucks.

7. snowplowpro

from NJ

I got the doors off but my only problem was the drivers door the one plug ran all the way into the dash so I snipped it off the other truck gonna have to see now how mine goes.

8. jd$jess

jd$jess Member

just run your harness from the dash through the rubber boot back into the new door

9. snowplowpro

from NJ

Got it thank you