1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 f250 5.8 liter

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowplowpro, Apr 7, 2013.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

E40d I need a trans dipstick my is rotted and leaks fluid like crazy called auto part stores they can't get one called junkyards they have nothing does anybody know were I can get one or make one

2. chas4x4

chas4x4 Senior Member

dipstick

I had to get one from a dealer for my97 and they had to order it,make sure to soak it good where it goes through the block it can be a bear to get it out sometimes.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try searching the Internet parts sites. A transmission shop should have parts sources too. A good bone yard can throw out the " we need " request.

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Try Rockauto.com

5. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

write down the VIN and go to the dealer.

6. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

Dealer here too. I could not find aftermarket anywhere.

7. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I cant imagine that a junkyard doesnt have one. It more likely that they dont want to be bothered to look for something that small.

8. snowplowpro

from NJ

I found a website called www.broncograveyard.com they have it I called order it and its on its way brand new tube and stick 39.00 but the shipping is the killer part but I need one got to get it.
    :drinkup:payup:cool:

9. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

Its not that they don't have them its that they wont separate it from a good trans. You would have to find a bad trans and hope the tube was still good.

10. snowplowpro

from NJ

that's why I just ordered one from this jeffs bronco graveyard its new and I wont have to worry about for a while I went to a junkyard yesterday they said they don't have one so I said instead of driving around and wasting gas to look for this part that might not even be good anyway I mine as well just order it so I did last night .