1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 F150 with straight six - need opinions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by danmc, Feb 21, 2004.

1. danmc

danmc Member

My neighbor is selling his 96 F150, it has a straight six engine with 150K miles (the last year it was made I believe). I'm considering buying it for my daily driver. Any pro's or con's to the engine? Is it durable, weak, a workhorse? The truck itself is in good overall condition.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

If it's had regular mtce, they are a workhorse, and they will last a long time. My 95 has one with 70,000 miles on it, hardly broke in.

3. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Buddy of mine has a 89 F-150 with a straight six and a five speed. After 300,000 miles the damn thing just won't quit. He's been plowin with it for years.

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

my neighbor has a ford 300 6 cyl with 285,000 miles , just lost oil pressure and is knocking like hell , but he has been driving it like that for 2 weeks and it wont blow up . We are dropping in another 6 in a week or 2.

5. danmc

danmc Member

thanks for the feedback!