1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 f150 with conventional style fisher plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MRPLOW2, Feb 22, 2007.

1. MRPLOW2

MRPLOW2 Junior Member
    from MASS

I am looking for plow pump and bracketry for 96 ford f150 with inline 6 300 ci inch with air conditioning I have the old style fisher conventional mount plow
    hopefully somebody can help!!!!!!!!!!!

2. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

By conventional-- do you mean speedcast set-up? That's the old style where the headgear stays attached to the truck -Just the blade and A-frame separate?

3. MRPLOW2

MRPLOW2 Junior Member
    from MASS

yes speedcast set up !! need pump bracketry and pulleys!!

4. douglasl330

Are you going to be able to find them for a 96? The minute mount has to be closing in on 20 years? -- You may find some off an mid 80's with a 300; if that would be the same---May have to bite the bullit and order them( I spent about $150 before for pump bracket and engine drive pully!).--2nd-- you know your going to have to pull the lift piston and plow lights off when not in use in Mass (I think your good from Oct15 till April 1st.)-- If this is your daily driver may be something to think about.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I have seen replacement pumps at NortherTool.com. Not a Fisher pump, but should work just the same. The Minute Mount is only about 10 years old. I'd check your local Craigslist, Ebay or any local Fisher dealer. Also put a "wanted" ad in Craigslist or here in the for sale section. Good luck.

6. douglasl330

Bansky--No disrespect-(we both hit it in the middle)- The minute mount came out in "92"-- This is why trying to find something used may be hard for a 96--- I'm not saying it wasn't made-- just may be a rare bird. ----Mr Plow --I have a friend that may have--a setup --it's in an 90- don't know if 300-6 0r 302-v8-- I'll have to call him--check back Monday-- I think the trucks not running so he may be interested in selling the plow parts--- I'm with you on the old school set-up --One belt to pump and two cables to valve body-- I remember the day when you had two t-handles for controls.

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

92...yeah probably just rare, I was still seeing new trucks at dealerships with Speedcasters on in the mid 90's.