1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 Dodge Dakota

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Land Decor Inc., Nov 12, 2008.

1. Land Decor Inc.

Land Decor Inc. Junior Member

Never plowed with small truck before, but need smaller truck/plow to do tight commercial jobs and driveways. I have a 1996 dodge dakota I am thinking about setting up for snow. Help on plow size and brand for this truck. Truck is Extend Cab 4X4 V8.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

After having a Meyer on a 99 Dakota and a Western on a 92, get a Snoway or Blizzard.

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

i had a 7' Western on my 87 Dakota LB, worked pretty well. I would say stick with a blade that is 6'9" or 7' don't go any bigger and you'll be fine.

4. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

I agree and would go one step forward and go with a Snoway. I have an 04 Dakota Quad/Crew 4x4 4.7 V8. I use an Snoway MT 7'6" Plow on my truck. The Downpressure is awesome. Its the lightest plow so you can get more plow for your truck.

Only thing I did is use Load E rated 245/75/16 Tires and Timbrens Front & Rear. I took the Torsion Bars and lifted the truck all the way up, and had Decent Bilstein Shocks/Struts installed all the way around.

If you look at those are all basic things (tires, shocks, etc.) but my truck does awesome, and with the Salter on back I get away plowing in 2WD for the most part.

I think a Snowy MT 7' would be a great option if your looking for it. I out plow a friend who owns a landscaping business with his Ford F150 4.6 with a Myers.