1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 Chevy 2500HD MM push plates

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by farmallkid48, Jan 8, 2009.

1. farmallkid48

farmallkid48 Junior Member

I bought a 91 150 with a fisher Minute Mount this summer for 600 bucks, and now i wanna put the plow on our 96 Chevy 2500, I bought some push plates, but i'm not real clear on how the push plates moutn to the frame? i havent' had the truck up in the air yet, probably tomorrow or saturday i'll take it to my uncles garage and lift it up and see, but I was just wondering if anybody has any pics of how the push plates mount? i can't come up with anything on fishers site, and our local fisher guy isn't exactly the best guy to see, likes his mark up:D alot... I imagine when i get the truck up i'll see better how they mount, do you have to take the tow hooks off?

thanks for any help

Johnny

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Very easy to install. If I remember right 3 holes to drill on each side then bolt it in.
    Remove the tow hook and they have a plate that slides in where the hook comes out of.

3. farmallkid48

ok, thanks, I didn't think it was all that hard, just liked to have an opinion before I tear into it tomorrow...

thanks

Johnny

4. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Make sure you set them right. There is a cetain distance they need to be set apart from each other. I used two washers on each side to bring them together the same amount.

5. farmallkid48

thanks, that could have caused a little bit of a problem... do you know the distance? if not I'll just go out and measure the plow...

Thanks again

Johnny

6. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

It's been a long time so best measure it.

7. farmallkid48

thanks for the help, by it took about all day to do it... had to take my basically custom setup off, run to town once, then to put it on, that tooks the longest, decided to take the bumper off to put the nuts on the inside of the frame, and of course bein a chevy.... u have to take the whole front end apart:dizzy:but what can I say, it's a Chevy!!! not a ford...

thanks again, hopefully i'll get it ready tomorrow to plow, just need to disect the plugs now and see what each pin does... does anybody know? i'll look on fishers site and see ifn i can come up with anything

Thanks again for the help

Johnny