1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

96 chev 1500 w/snowdogg vmd75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by mogeekn, Nov 16, 2011.

1. mogeekn

mogeekn Junior Member

heres my 96 chevy 1/2 ton, with a brand new snowdogg vmd 75. the one concern I had in choosing this model was the weight. over 750lbs w/mount. so I had them install timbrens as well. when I showed up to pick up my truck it seemed as though the plow sat closer to the ground than I would have liked, and in the v position the corners were real close. after talking with my dealer and discussing the issue he said we could screw in the bolt on my torsion bar and may give me more clearance on the front end. bingo! it worked, we went in an inch on the bolts and gained at least that much ground clearance, still have some adjustment left in the bolts, not to mention this truck is an ext cab, long box, and adding weight in the back should also help. it sits pretty level now, I drove it home almost 60 miles most of which were interstate and I have to say it rode fine and hadled nice. now we pray for SNOW, ill let you know how that goes as well. im thinkin my truck looks badass with this snowdogg attatched to. whats up ladys? wanna go for a ride?

plow 2.jpg
  2. Ram 08

Ram 08 Member

Very nice setup. I'm seriously considering this plow also. I know it's brand new, but now that it's installed is there anything you see that you don't like or anything you were pleasantly surprised about?
  3. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

Do you have any more pics maby some lifted?
  4. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Looks great! Been thinking about one for my sons 97 think we are gonna pull the trigger soon and do it.
    Let us know how it handles the snow. WHEN we get some.
  5. mogeekn

mogeekn Junior Member