1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95F250 5.8 poor mileage and performance

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by green frog, Feb 27, 2007.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I have done plugs,wires, h.o. coil, k&n drop in, gibson cat back, and still get 11mpg thruway with tonnau on? It is a standard cab with 8ft bed. It is the light duty with IFS front suspension. It struggles with a large pop up camper on small grades. I was told the converter really chokes the performance? It only has 60,000 miles on it. Help?

2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

My 91...

My 91 4x4 SC,SB F150 5.8 auto with Gibson headers,free flow exhaust, free flow cat, K&N filter, throttle body spacer ...The best I ever did was 13.8 mpg but had plenty of power...

3. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

when i got my 92 f150 w/5.0 back in november I always thought it was a bit under powered. then i read about lots of guys checking their timing and ti being way off. so had mine checked when i was having some other work done and it was 4^ atdc and it should be 10^btdc. your supposed to disconnect the 'spout connector' to check timing and whoever checked it last didn't do that and it throws it all off. so a bunch of people have had that happen....if your shop doens't know to disconnect that plug to check timing then find another shop. jsut something i think you should check. my truck is still no race car but much peppier and better MPG as well. i'm up to about 14MPG....it's a extended cab long box 4x4 with a topper.