1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95Chev to 04Chev UltraPro light harness bypass

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by fzook, Dec 2, 2008.

1. fzook

fzook Junior Member

I currently have a 7.5' ultra pro 2plug/9pin on a 95 chev 1/2ton and plan on installing on to a 2004 chev 1/2ton short box w/torsion bars. I know I'll at least need a new mount ~$500, but I would like to save $ on the light wiring and possibly plow lites. This plow is for minimal personal use and the lights would hardly be used. Could I use the existing 95 harness and not hook up the light portion. Instead hook existing plow lights (low beam only) thru a plug or remote switch to truck battery? Does anybody have a ultra mount for a 2004 chev 1/2ton for sale. I may have a ultra mnt off my 95 1/2ton available soon.

2. fzook

fzook Junior Member

CLARIFICATION...The question is..... I would like to save $ on the light wiring and possibly plow lites. This plow is for minimal use and the lights would hardly be used. Could I use the existing 95 harness on the 04 to work the plow and NOT hook up the light harness portion. Instead hook existing plow lights (low beam only) directly to 12v thru a plug or remote switch to truck battery?