1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9500 auger motor and transmission needed!!

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by TPCLandscaping, Mar 8, 2012.

1. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

I picked this thing up used, my first mistake with no wire or control box. twelve volt to motors and vibrator everything worked fine, paid 1800 for unit and headed home... called my dealer before hand he thought around 900 for the controller and wire, but priced it wrong and ended up being almost $2000 for everything i needed (wiring and box from front to back). So i took the plunge, still cheaper than a new one. Got everything wired up and as luck would have it...the spinner wouldn't work ugh.... pulled that motor apart, cleaned it and bam it worked. First test with a yard of 3 to 1 sand to salt mix worked pretty well...seemed to have some bridging here and there but i blame that on wet sand.

Next storm comes along and i load up before the storm...start plowing day of the storm, finish plowing first account go to apply sand/salt and beeeeeppp code on the auger motor...OL code..wouldnt AR or anything. Tap it with a hammer and it starts going through the AR process but no luck...well finish plowing and hope nothing freezes. Couple days later finally get time to take a look at it and start shoveling 1.5yards out of it. Check all the auger nothing stuck so decide to pull the motor away from the auger and see what happens..auger spins freely but motor still won't spin.

With the motor off i decide to go to my snowex dealer who i know personally and we start tear down. Snap crackle pop the brittle cast aluminum housing on the transmission deciders it wants to brake where every mounting flange is and once we get it apart the transmission spins fin, the motor is completely seized.

Motor....899 and change... transmission $1400... so with 3800 into this sander i have no interest into dumping another $2300 into it.

Would anyone know where i might be able to find some used parts for this thing so i can either get it up and running and keep it or putt up for sale. Does anyone think its worth the 3800 i have into it if i sell it as is with no auger motor/transmission? or could i get 6k out of it with the new parts....not exactly starting off great with my first snow season.

thanks
    Andy

2. TPCLandscaping

guess know one has any ideas?

3. snomover

snomover Junior Member
    from Maine

What did you end up doing? How old is it? I'm looking at purchasing one myself but dont want to have the same issues. I found a steal on one for 2500 the supposedly works.

4. thebb

thebb Junior Member

I have a used motor and transmission off an 8500. Only used one winter. AT the end of last season I got hit from behind, damaged the spreader enough to write it off. I stripped it down, have all the electrical\motor parts. Not sure, but |I'm guessing the tranmission from the 8500 should fit the 9500. Where are you located? PM me if interested.

5. jkac

jkac Junior Member

fix it

i would put the money in to it. not gonna be able to sell for that price and u wont be able to buy a snow ex for that:mechanic:

6. TPCLandscaping

thebb i tried to send you a message, let me know if you got it. would like to know if you still have these parts since i still have the sander.