1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$950+ cheap salt storage boxes/shipping containers for portable salt bin kansas city

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by spaceman12321, May 21, 2012.

1. spaceman12321

spaceman12321 Junior Member
    from midwest

These shipping boxes work great for portable salt bins. You can roll the inside with roofing tar for about $50 and it will preserve them for a long time. Great to keep the city/neighbors off your back because you dont have an exposed salt bin.

I have 3 storage boxes for sale, great for storing salt (or snow equipment). I bought 7 boxes and only need 4 so I am selling the other 3. These prices are the starting prices/minimum price I will take for them within the next week. If you email me before they get bid on I will end the auction and sell them at those prices. Once they are bid on they will go for highest bid.

After June 4th or so the price of them will go up if they dont sell. I am selling them cheap before I have to relocate them. After I move them I will incur moving costs, make needed repairs and the cost will go up.

None of these boxes have had salt in them yet (to my knowledge). I bought a group of them at a shipping container transport company. They will load them on a truck but they must be GONE by June 4th.

The 2 open tops have factory built heavy top rails for strength and hooks for tarp all the way around for sea worthy tranpsort. This is NOT the same as cutting off the top of a regular box because the upper rails are flimbsy on those. Great to load all the way to the top with your loader over the sides then throw a tarp over the top.

$950 20' Factory Open top - Needs floor repair but 2 layers of 3/4" plywood make for a stout floor for a couple hundred bucks. I'd just overlay the existing wood floor for extra strength. You can put around 30-35 ton in this box by filling it full by loading over the side. Can be moved with a regular roll off tow truck. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160806806470&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

$1250 40' Factory open top with side. The side has buldged out from shifting load inside and it rolling onto its side. It is not crinkled, just buldged out at the top. The side could easily be pushed/pulled back straight, keep in mind the box may not be square and the doors may need some tweaking to make it square etc. It has some old/broken wood crates in it that MUST be taken with the box. There are no known holes in the floor but it is hard to tell because of the wood crates sitting in it. You can put about 75-80 ton of salt in this baby by loading it over the side. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160806804051&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

$1250 20' Enclosed (hard top) box. Needs some patching on the side and is rusted along the bottom edge where the siding meets the floor. Also has 1 hole rusted in the metal floor and shows wear and the bottom of the door threshold is rusted through. This box will hold around 20-25 ton of salt since it is difficult to fill it to the ceiling but would also be great for on site equipment storage. Can be moved with a regular roll off tow truck. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150821838736&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
  2. spaceman12321

from midwest

I know its the off season - but guys, you'll spend half of this in one seasons rental or more than this cost in building a bin.
  3. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

I'd love one but shipping would kill it.

Bump for you...
  4. spaceman12321

from midwest

40' Container is sold