1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 unit HOA HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Nosbis, May 21, 2016.

1. Nosbis

Nosbis Junior Member

Hey guys, I landed the contract for a 95 unit hoa and have some time before winter strikes wondering what the best/most efficient way to clear 95 individual driveways, sidewalks and walkways leading up to doors? Plow truck, Bobcat with snowblower, crew with wide snowblowers and shovels? These are my options, it is a retirement community and I have heard they are quite particular about there vendors. Also there is approx 1 mile of private roadway that they want snow removal on I.E. Hauled away. I currently have at my disposal a New holland L-175 with 8 foot box plow and snow bucket, 3/4 ton chevy with 8'2" boss v plow, 48" snowblower attached to a 27horse diesel subcompact tractor, a 3520 john deer tractor with 84" rear mount snowblower, and walk behind snowblowers. I know i am going to need more equipment, but what would be the best fit? Is a pay loader nessecary to load 1 mile of roadway worth of snow or could we get by with the skidsteer or even extend the chute on the john deer snowblower and load trucks with that? BTW they have a 2" trigger.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Size of driveways?

Location?

Annual snowfall?

No to the loader for the road, depending on your answers to the above.

3. Nosbis

Nosbis Junior Member

driveways are on average 26'x26' this is in North Dakota and we get an average of 50 inches with the exception of virtual nothing the past few years I got an accurate measurement of the roads and it's more like 2200 foot of road 28 feet wide

4. Epiccookie55

Epiccookie55 Junior Member

I'm new to this kind of stuff which is why I'm here also. Beside the fact, if you have walkways up to the front door if they aren't that wide, definitely a drop spreader so you don't waste any salt/sand. Let me know if you have any other questions.

5. Nosbis

Nosbis Junior Member

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well my main problem is deciding what will be the best way to load the snow into trucks, the roads are so skinny I won't be able to use a loader unless I push an 700 foot section down to an intersection for room to load, do you think windowing it off to 1 side and driving next to truck with 3 point snowblower would be effective?

6. Nosbis

Nosbis Junior Member

Also u figured that for every 2 inches of snow there is going to be 700 cu yards of snow to haul off. The dump site is a 20 min round trip from the hoa anyone have any experience with how fast a 84" 3 point blower with a 40 pto horse tractor could fill up a 14 yard truck?

7. Epiccookie55

Epiccookie55 Junior Member

Yes, and no. Yes, if there isn't a lot of snow. No if there is a lot of snow because you will have to go really slow. I am also curious on what others will say.

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Ariel shot would be helpful

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

How do you bid on work and have no idea of what to use for equipment or how to go aboot doing the work.

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Good for you, hustling up business.

How much other work do you have?

Who is going to operate your equipment?
    How maney trained employees do you have?
    And how are you going to keep them employed?

But you have a couple of months yet.

Trucking, pricing?
    Snow dump?

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  11. Mark Oomkes

Beat me to it, cant believe I didn't catch it yesterday. Although beerthirty did come early yesterday.

12. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

You just write, I can do it for $ X, on a bar napkin.
    Then slide it over to the guy next to Ya,
    Who just happens to be a related.

Duh...

13. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Youll never make 10,000 posts with slips like that, Newbie!!!

14. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

You own this equipment? How many employes do you have? Why do you have to remove the snow from the road? What numbers did you bid this at. Have you ever done a complex this big before

15. Mark Oomkes

Pretty sure I have more posts (deleted) than anyone else on PS.

16. Randall Ave

Just have another Buttwieser, you'll feel better. :nod:

You guys will be wanting consulting fees next! payup

17. Randall Ave

Just have another Buttwieser, you'll feel better. :nod:

You guys will be wanting consulting fees next! Thumbs Up

18. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

It's not a competition.

19. Randall Ave

Sorry bout that.

20. Mark Oomkes

You're jealous because you're the first loser.