1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 Tahoe; Fisher Setup Advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by spflyer, Dec 30, 2008.

1. spflyer

spflyer Junior Member

OK, Here's the deal,

I've owned a 95 Tahoe 1500 for a lot of years and when the gas went to four bucks I retired her to the driveway where I only use her when I need a heavier vehicle, mainly to move my boats around.

Seeing as she's just sitting ther most of the time I've decided to put a plow on it to do my driveway and maybe a few more to pay for the setup. Not sure I'll do anything commercial but who knows?

I bought a set of Fisher 1738 push plates and I'm in the market for a plow and and anything else I need to install it. From what I've read here and in other places the plow itself is the next step because my wiring will depend on how that's set up.

I live in Rhode Island and travel back and forth on weekends to Campton NH.

I've got tons of mechanical experience and have any tools I might need to do the install.

I'm looking to do this project on the cheap and I'm not really in any hurry to get it done.

Anyone got anything that will help me out?

spflyer@verizon.net

Leo

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

7 1/2 is all you want to put on that Tahoe, and a light duty would be best. Just look around on Craig's List, Ebay, or local papers. You might even run a wanted ad. If it's an older 2 plug setup plow, hopefully you can get the wiring harness. I'm not sure you can still buy them new from Fisher.

3. spflyer

spflyer Junior Member

95 Tahoe

A light 7'6' is what I had in mind. I have a handle on a couple of units but I'm in NH this week and won't get back to RI until after the new year.

I'd like to find someone who has the plow and all the wiring for my vehicle.

Maybe someone local will answer my post. I've been checking CL both here in NH and in RI.

Leo

4. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

one of my buddies is running a brand new ultramount 7'6 poly on a 96 tahoe. it does dip a little bit but its not to bad. granite its poly witch is heavier then steal it doesnt do to bad.

5. spflyer

spflyer Junior Member

From what I've been reading I was thinking that I was going to have to go for Timbrens for the front, even with a 71/2 Fisher.

I'm kind of stuck at this point until I locate a decent plow for a reasonable price.

I'm thinking that used prices will dip a little at the end of the season when availability is better and demand is lower. I have a handle on a unit out on the Cape with with everything but push plates, which I already purchased for $150. It's off a 96 Chevy pickup which was wrecked and all the numbers match up. Guy is asking $800 and I think I'm going to grab it when I get back to RI.

Leo

Leo

6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

I just got in a used 7.5' Diamond MDII from a 1998 Chevy 1500 truck, plow is nice and straight, some rust around the welds, E60 pump, all the wiring, controls, solenoid and frame mounts $2275 This is a turn key package! no chasing, just pick it up and install, then just sell off your Fisher mounts on E-bay

Plow is located in the Worcester, MA. area

Jay

508 753 6617

7. spflyer

spflyer Junior Member

Thanks Jay, that's better than twice what I'm looking to spend on this project.

Leo