1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'5" SS X V-blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snowflakejake, Jan 28, 2010.

1. snowflakejake

snowflakejake Junior Member

awesome plow, fast, efficient, and heavy duty, or so i thought? i love my fisher, first year with it, i was doing a driveway and hit a railroad tie, didnt think much about it until doin my church parking lot, there is about a 8 inch section in the middle that doesnt scrape like the rest of the blade. so i looked into it and it looks like i tweaked the angle bar about 1/2" that the edge is bolted to. seems like the trip edge tripped and bottomed so hard it bent the angle slightly, now the the cutting edge in the very center is not the same as the long cutting edge. i can still plow with her and know one would notice this unless i pointed it out. is this common? wtf!!

2. Silverado_guy07

Silverado_guy07 Member

Haha. Once I hit a manhole with the first gen 2pc cutting edge and it snapped right by the middle. I had a 4 - 5 inch gap in my blade...

$450+ dollars for the new generation 4pc cutting edge

What a rip off!!!!!

3. snowflakejake

the cutting edge is fine, its what it is bolted to, an angle iron, pretty sure if i took it off it can be straightend in a press, it bent in about 1/8-1/2". so the center cutting edge is about 1/2" off to the long straight edge.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Well, the XV is not your grandfather's Fisher. There have been many issues with them. Do some searching under my user name, you will find plenty of reading.

I think I know what you are saying, any chance you can post a pic? Sounds like the base angle is bent. I bent mine, but it was from hitting a tree. The plowed faired much better than I expected, truthfully.

Post 47
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=92850&highlight=tree&page=3

5. snowflakejake

well a little update, the plow is fine it just had some ice built up in the cutting edge causing it to look tweaked!!! i love my extreme v!!!! all season no problems!!

IMG00021-20100128-1142.jpg

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear, thanks for the update!

7. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

i still want a set of wings for mine!!

8. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

SHHHH.......don't tell 2cor.......

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey, I heard that! :realmad::laughing:

10. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

How does that 3500 handle the weight of the 9 and a half xv? Did you have to add to the suspension?

11. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

don't 3500's have the same front ends as the 2500's?

12. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

yes both have the 4800 front axle weights.... I added timbrens to mine.... it helped but I should get a leveling kit.....