1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 ranger to 04 ranger

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Diesel_brad, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

I just bought a 6'6" western UNI_MOUNT off of a 95 ranger. I want to put it on my 04. From what i found out the wiring harness is a plug and play. But I'm sure the frame is not a direct bolt on. Anyone ever do this? I have had 2 other uni-mounts on 2 other rangers, even had to modify one for a lifted ranger so fabrication is not a big deal, just want to know what I am in for.

O, the blade its self is also pretty beat. Would like to get a good used on or a 7' blade. Any ideas where to get one? i am in NE PA

thanks, brad
  2. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

Just a lil update. I brought the plow and truck in the garage last light. The frame is close but not quite. The truck frame is 31 1/2" wide while the lower plow frame is 30 1/2". So widening the plow frame was in order.

I cut the "ears" off the plow frame that bolted to the truck. I welded on some 1/2" plate as a spacer. I then welded some 1/4x2" angle iron on for the vertical uprights to go to the truck frame. All the factory holes in the truck frame will work. 2x2" pieces of angle will be welded to the inside of the plow frame to bolt to the bottom of the truck frame. I will be able to use the brackets that go back on 45* . I just need to drill holes in the truck frame for these.

I have a little more welding to do, then some paint. While that is drying i have to go to the hardware store and get some hardware and some flat stock to weld to the bolt's heads so i can get them into the boxed frame.

I will post up picks once i get it all welded and painted. I should of taken pics along the way but i didnt even think about it All in all i would say 4 hours worth of fab to modify the 83-97 ranger plow frame to fit the 98-2010 ranger. Not to bad and now i will have asteel plow instead of of that toy plastic subernite