1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 K3500 overheating with plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gmcsierra1500, Nov 7, 2010.

1. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

I have a 95 k3500 5.7l with a 9ft fisher on it and when I drive with the plow up the temp rises pretty quick, but stays normal when plowing with the blade down. I know the radiator isn't getting enough air during driving time but what would everyone suggestion? should i add a snow foil? Kinda hard to justify $380 what about an aftermarket fan or are there any other options? Thanks
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

You need to get an updated clutch fan.
  3. SServices

SServices Senior Member

X2 my 05 had the same problem.
  4. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

this could deff help. might also want to look into a switch to manually turn your fan on and off.sometimes it will shut off but if its overheating id leave it on all the time.other thann that try not lifting the blade so high if you are.You dont want to leave it down and let it hit something either though, just somewhere in between might give the air damn better air.