1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'95 HVAC problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Stan, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Working on a 95 3500 driving me nuts. A year ago I had an intermittent problem of the heater fan stopping. My spare truck was in need of a noisy fan so I installed the new fan in this truck and swapped the problem fan in the spare truck which works fine bty.

Several months later everything quit so I replaced the control head. Recently the fan quit and replaced the relay by the glove box. About a week later the AC was not getting power...replaced the control head AGAIN along with the resistor that sinks into the heater box and everything works. About a week later the AC quits. Payed no attention to it, had other things going on. Now the fan quits AGAIN and was in a jam and wired a temporary ground the the heater motor.
    Anyone suggestions?
  2. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Anyone? I'm stumped
  3. larboc

larboc Member

When you say the AC quits, you mean the fan stops running when on AC?

Those stupid resistor modules like to burn up, does the fan work on high even though all the rest of the speeds don't?

Did adding a ground fix the problem?
  4. Stan

Stan Senior Member

No power to the AC. The fan worked several days after it quit, then the new relay fried shutting down the fan. Ran the ground wire back, fan works on all speeds but still no power to the AC.
    When you say resistor do you mean the small square relay?
  5. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Totally stumped, anyone?