1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 GMC 3/4 Light duty

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by stillen, Dec 7, 2003.

1. stillen

stillen Senior Member

I have a 95 GMC 3/4, i was told there is two flavors of this truck. a 8600GVW (HD) version and a 7600GVW (LD) . i have the Light Duty version. The VIN clearly states it is a 3/4 ton, and my mechanic says the suspension is that of a 3/4 ton. but the axels only have six lug hubs. Is it worth putting a plow onthis truck? Is there a difference when i go to buy a fram other thenthe size of blade this truck will push???

2. Dave in Pa.

Dave in Pa. Junior Member

Hi Stillen! Till last year I had a 1994 Chevy Ex.Cab Short bed 3/4 ton Light Duty (7200 GVW) that I ran a 7.5 foot Western Unimount on for 8 winters here in Pennsylvania. Other than new ball joints (once in 132,000 miles) I don't feel the plow had any adverse effects on the truck. It had 3:73 posi rear & towing package with trans cooler etc. I am NOT exagerating when I say that this truck plowed some storms that to this day still amaze me! Miss the truck but replaced it with an 02 HD & bought a separate plow truck. Good luck, Dave :waving:
  3. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

I have the same truck with a diesel engine in and have a 8' western ultramount on the truck. The only complaint i have is that the truck sits too low, but that would be the same if it was a heavy duty or light duty Chevy. Happy plowing:bluebounc