1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'95 gmc 2500

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dirtmandan2, Oct 15, 2008.

1. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I have a '95 gmc 2500... With the plow on and at 45 mph and above the truck starts to heat up, my first thought was the snow deflector so I hung a plow without one, same thing... Anyway its got to be an airflow problem I would guess... So am I looking at getting an aftermarket fan, bigger radiator??? Different waterpump? or just take the plow off everytime im done plowing...

2. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Both of my trucks do the same thing, The best solution Ive for is to only raise the plow 1-2" to allow more airflow and a HD fan clutch helps too. Hope that Helps

3. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

Still does even w/ the aftermarket fan clutch? Im not going to be plowing with this truck ( I get the diesel ) and really am hoping on getting this right...

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Get an electric fan for it. I had a 1993 K2500 we did that and the problem went away for us

5. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

Well it's not really an aftermarket part, it's just a heavy duty fan clutch. I take it someone else is plowing with this truck? Even with a heavy duty clutch and the plow down, at high speeds the air will just blow right over the grill, so just expect to take a little time between jobs and if plannig a long trip, and the plow is not needed, take it off. Plus slower speed = better gas milage payup, but we wont get in to that!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008