1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 Ford Straight 6 Pump Drive

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PARTSMGR, Oct 19, 2010.

1. PARTSMGR

PARTSMGR Member

I have a 1995 Ford with the Straight 6 in it.

Looking to space the clutch fan out about 1/2" or so to clear the bottom Crank pulley for the belt drive. Fisher is looking at $90 for the adapter (8662). I was hoping someone else went thru this and had a more reasonable solution. I'd rather get a new clutch fan with a longer snout on it to work-- and give me some clearance too.

Anyone out there deal with this yet?

Thanks for your replies

Brian

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I am suprised you can even get the part from Fisher.

Watch ebay. Lots of drive sheaths for Fishers pop up there.

3. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

If it were me I'd put an electric fan on it and gain a bunch of clearance

4. chris_121756

chris_121756 Junior Member

Yeah ebay is a good option but the cheapest would be to fab it yourself. I just bought a 93 F150, straight 6 and same plow setup. The pump is already mounted and I just need a v belt to drive and fab a bracket for the hydro controller. I'll take a look at mine tomorrow and see how big my spacer is.

5. PARTSMGR

PARTSMGR Member

Chris,

I've figured mine out.... I got lucky and Fisher supplied me with 2 of their adapters instead of one that I ordered This allowed me to space fan out and I still have 1 1/4" of clearance to the radiator.
    The bottom drive pulley was easier as I had the guys at work fab me up 3 spacers 7/8" deep to push this pulley our past the a/c compressor clutch. I'm running the pump and reservoir in one on this truck. I used the bracket that came from the donor truck (which was a/c delete) and flipped it around to use this. The pump is tucked down deep and only required notching the inner plastic fender a little to prevent an annoying vibration. I see why Fisher used the log splitter type pump with the remote reservoir - but with a little work- I got the all in one pump/reservoir to work. I'll watch for the correct pump and engine mounting bracket and if one falls into my lap- I'll change it over. Otherwise- its snow plowing I go.

6. PARTSMGR

PARTSMGR Member

Electric fans are nice--- but the salt eats them up and when plowing at night- with the heat, headlights and strobes on-- who needs another high amp draw on the factory 85 amp alternator.....

Mechanical drive is the way to go- much less problems and unless the motor stops- you always have hydraulic power for the plow.