1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'95 Ford F150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by pjnlandscape, Jan 2, 2012.

1. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape Member

Hey Ford guys I am looking at buying a second truck as a smaller lawn maintenance truck for the summer and a plow truck in the winter, its my buddy's truck we went to the Fire Academy together. I was wondering what everyones opinion on it is, its a "95 with 36k miles on it, reg cab 8' bed, 4x4 of course, Eddie Bauer Edition, no rust things mint except the transmission is junk. It has reverse but i guess it is stuck in first gear. He wants $1,800 for it and my buddy who is an auto transmission mechanic says it would be about $1,800 to throw a new tranny in it just to be safe.

I am 19 and don't really need another truck but I feel like this is too good to pass up. I love the 90's era fords and the truck is truly mint. So what does everyone think?

2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

not worth putting all the money into it

3. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

I've been looking at used trucks for about 2 weeks now. Around here a truck of that vintage in running condition and mint shape would easily bring around 5 grand. If you are looking at $3600.00 after repairs I'd say you would be OK at that price. Of course that depends on the market in your area.

4. Rusty Silence

Rusty Silence Senior Member

with only 36k mi. i would jump on it and put a used trans in it for a fraction on the cost.

5. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

payup

I was stuck in the same position last Spring, I bought my 95 then with 140,xxx miles. Mine was rusted bad and is still falling apart. I paid $1800 for it, which was too much but I figured Id make it up from de-thatching. payup

Anyways, go for it the 95' half tons are a really strong vehicle. You said with 36k on it? sounds like it hasent even been broken in. Get the trans. replaced and you'll have a solid vehicle. ussmileyflag

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You said it's in mint condition. The frame is not rusted and it has no rust I would think it's worth fixing. I was probably some one's daily driver. Was never in 4X4 for more then 40 hours in it's whole life. We have them in it for 40 hrs the first week plowing.

7. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

Right, the frame on mine was BAD! :mad: