1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 F350 crew cab diesel....whats THIS one worth?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by rferoni, May 28, 2003.

1. rferoni

rferoni Junior Member

First, thanks to all for the advice on my pevious post about the 86 deisel. I've now come across a 95 f350 crew cab diesel. Its' got 140,000 on it with a new trans at 138,000. He's asking $14K or best and I think it comes with a plow. Said it has two minor rust spots on the front and back wheel well.

How many more miles will this truck be good for? Also, someone mentioned before that the 95 thru 97 trannies were known to be weak. Should I be worried about this even tho it has a new trans?

Thanks for any info........

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

You might want to try this site for a price check (I was directed there and they seem to be fairly accurate) http://www.edmunds.com/

As far as the tranny goes, if he had it rebuilt 2k miles ago its probably ok. Did this owner use the truck for a lot of towing or plowing? If he did then thats above average for the life of the transmission according to the guys at www.thedieselstop.com. You might want to look at installing a filter for this tranny if you do buy it though.
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Be careful with the trans if you buy it.These newer electronic trans must be overhauled correctly,and the original problem corrected otherwise it will just fail again.They also may have done just a patch job so he could sell the truck.See if you can get a copy of the rebuild invoice,and find out what was done,and what kind of warranty it has on it.If it was done correctly,with all the updates and mode,the trans should last a long time with proper care and driving techniques.

The rest of the truck will last a long time as well,if it's taken care of.You will probably need to replace some things,like front end and brake stuff,but no different then any other older truck.
  4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Since this is Plowsite, can we assume you're looking for a plow truck? If so, I'd stay away from the crew cab unless all you are plowing is parking lots. You'll lose a lot of maneuverability with the long wheelbase truck. The super cab with a short bed would be OK, but the crew cab would be too long for my work.