1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 F350 7.5 questions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 83dodgeswb4x4, Mar 9, 2009.

1. 83dodgeswb4x4

83dodgeswb4x4 Junior Member
    from 60440

Hello, new to the site here. I just found myself the owner of a 1994 F350 7.5 auto. The motor is in dire need of rebuild. I did have an opportunity of driving it before the broken flex plate interfered with starting it. I am not entirely new to mechanics, but most of my experience is with older stuff. Now I'm looking at a multiport fuel system and all the other goodies. Just curious if anyone knows about the fuel lines an such on such a beast, how do I get them detached? I thought the truck was a really good deal, I traded it for a 1987 F150 4x2. and it has a 7.5? meyers for the front of it. Also any thoughts as to this set up for plowing are appreciated.
  2. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

Get yourself a set of fuel line disconnect tools-

There are varying levels of quality and type but they all do the same thing.

What you are trying to disconnect is called a garter spring. Push the male and female ends in towards each other and twist them to loosen them up. Slip the disconnect tool into the cage of the male end to spread the garter spring and then pull the lines apart.

Before working on any part of the fuel system, relieve any pressure by depressing the schrader valve located on the fuel rail, passenger side next to the throttle body.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009