1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 F350 7.3l Dump - Help with turn signals

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jmbones, Aug 17, 2013.

1. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Hey all, just got a new to me 95 F350 dump body and I need help with the turn signals. Neither left nor right blink. If I turn the drivers side on, it stays illuminated in the front and back. If I turn the passenger side on, it stays illuminated in the front and both sides come on in the back.

I've replaced the turn signal flasher, the hazard flasher and the entire turn signal/wiper/high beam switch. The hazards work as normal. Thinking it has something to do with the trailer wiring or plow wiring? Any help appreciated.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Have u checked the ground for the flasher?

3. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

No I havn't, is it located by the fuse block?

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I couldn't tell you that. I remember a problem with my old Bronco having problem similar. That was many moons.

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

the directional switch in those trucks goes alot

6. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

I replaced the entire switch on the column with a new unit. Probably a bad ground somewhere as mentioned.

7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

check the ground on the cab and the front ones on the raditor support good luck

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just for grinns. What's your main tk body and engine gnd look like?
    What about the gnds for the tail lights ?

9. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

I got it working. Either the "extra loud" signal relay that I bought new was bad, or something with the hazards is bad. I removed the new flasher I installed for the hazards and put it in the place for the signals and they work with no issues. I did not have another flasher to replace the hazards yet.