1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 f250 which western

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by green frog, Aug 27, 2007.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I am putting a plow on my 1995 f250 but not sure what the IFS front suspension can handle? It's a standard cab long bed with the 5.8L and its an auto. I think I would like a poly since I will have this plow a long time and won't have to paint it. Is there another plow that would suit my truck better than a western?

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Well if your gonna ask..............According to the Boss website, you can put up to an 8' Steel or Poly straight blade or even an 8'2" Poly Power V.

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

The key secret to any F-250 with IFS is timberns. AKA ur best friend and basically a requirement. Unless you did a solid front end swap.

I would put a western 8' pro plus on it. Plus the wings, (just run them when you need them, and take them off during transport) It won't have too many problems because you have the gas engines. Its the guys who have the super cab diesel versions who have all type of problems of the IFS cracking. If you had one of those, I would go with a 8' pro model.