1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 F250, What do you think?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jgramlich, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Jgramlich

Jgramlich Senior Member

So I picked up a 98 F250, great shape. After the old conventional mount served me well on my 91 Bronco (for sale btw), I am loyal to western.

To make this a reliable, cost-effective plow truck, what is my best bet as far as putting a plow on it? I want at 8' or 8.5' ultra-mount, but if I buy the plow from craigslist, then what can I expect to spend as far as mount/wire harness/ install, etc. Should I settle for an older unimount?

Any advice is much appreciated, as always.

2. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

Go for an ultra. its going to run you around 5k new or you can put one together for around 3500 used. I can set you up with everything you need except the truck mount

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I would say settle for what you can afford...but my .02. Unimout. Ultramounts are still fairly new and not everyone can fix them