1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 F250 PSD.Which plow for this truck?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by cavaselis, Feb 2, 2004.

1. cavaselis

cavaselis Junior Member

I have a regular cab 4X4 1995 powerstroke with upgraded 3 leaf heavyduty springs up front and manuel locking hubs.I will be purchasing this summer for next year.Also should I upgrade my alternater the truck came stock with dual batterys.
    Thanks also Im in Maryland what kind of hourly rate is good for subcontracting?

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Subs in maryland are anywhere between $50.00 and $75.00 per hour depending who you work for and if you have a salt spreader.
    I am refering to anne arundel and howard county.

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Too bad you have the 250 and not the 350. That Dana 50 TTB is a pain in the ass. Not sure what type of transmission you have, but if you have an automatic put a bigger tranny cooler in it than the stock one, and also get yourself a temp guage for the tranny. If it is a stick, then make sure you are running full synthetic in the ZF. As for plows, I don't think I'd go over 8' with that front end. And you could run any brand you want. I don't think I'd go with a V plow as they are fairly heavy. Although, snoway's V plow isn't as heavy as the rest which would work for you. my .02

4. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Don't sweat the alternator unless it is already starting to go on you. An upgraded alternator on your truck will cost big cash. You already have 2 batteries so that is a good start.

My personal preferance for your truck (which is also MY truck) is a Western 8" Pro. Go for the Ultramount versus the Unimpont if available. I have the Uni-Mount and it is great but I have the Ultra on my 2000 Dodge 1500 and like it way better. It is less bouncy going down the road. (Maybe I should air up my tires:D )