1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 f250 extended 4*4

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by pats plowing, Jan 5, 2002.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

i am getting a 1995 ford f250 extended cab with a 460 engine automatic transmission and 150k miles. the engine was rebuilt and has 40k miles on it now. the truck doesnt have a plow, but a buddy has a meyer or fisher 8.5ft plow off a 94 f250 reg cab. will this plow fit this truck. does anyone plow with a like truck ad how does it work. is it safe to put a plow on this truck even with the extended cab. the truck is in New Jersey now, so it has no rust and hasnt been plowed with. He wants $9k obo for it and the plow will cost me about $1000. i wont see the truck unless i buy, my dads friend is checking it out because he lives there and he knows his stuff on trucks. Is this a good price for the truck with that many miles.

Ps. reason for sale is baby on way and owner is going on disability soon.
  2. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

IMO, That is too much. I just purchased a 90 F250 460 5 speed 2wd, with 79,000 for $4800.00, So even with 4wd, itis still to much. There are 93-96 F150, 250 4wd in around 100k for about 6000- 7000 around here in Jersey. The plow seems right as long as it is in good condition. Just my thoughts.
  3. pats plowing

are those trucks that are for 7-8k extended cabs tho? i have been looking for an extended cab and was going to get a new ford f350 but then this offer came up. i think i could get it for 7500-8000. i was thinking of possibly trading it in for a new truck with extended cab as well because it is a must for us.
  4. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

My 90 F250 is, as well as most I looked at. Extended cab 8' bed. Wouldnt use anything else.
  5. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

$4800 for a truck that is 5 years older, has 39k more miles on the engine, has a 5 speed instead of an automatic, only two wheel drive, and may not be an extended cab.....

At kbb.com (Kelly Blue Book) from a private seller, with alot of unknown options, here is what they show.

Engine: V8 460/7.5 Liter
    Trans: Automatic
    Drive: 4 Wheel Drive
    Mileage: 78,000 (in between actual and engine miles)

Equipment : (just the basic options, to be fair)
    Air Conditioning
    Power Steering
    AM/FM Stereo

Rated Condition: Good

Price: $9,335

The same basic options on a 90 F250, 2wd, reg cab, 460, 5 speed, 79,000 miles, good condition, shows $4,225

I used 01609 as the zip code on both.
    Keep in mind that the price you would pay a dealer would be different.
  6. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

mine is fully loaded. Maybe its the area. Lots of 4wd before this season started. Try getting 1 now.lol Find 1 and run I guess.
  7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

"Try getting 1 now." That's for sure. I used to look at the used trucks all time at my dealer where I get service. Haven't looked since the first snowfall. I don't think my heart could take it.

You didn't say whether that '95 Ford f250 was a 4wd. Would make a lot of difference in price and ability to plow.
  8. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Also, you said engine was rebuilt? Who did it, a buddy, local mechanic or agency, that was biggest problem I had in finding a truck, alot of guys put valve covers on and call it rebuilt.
  9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

oops - I just noticed that you had put 4*4 in the thread title and at the beginning of your thread. My mistake. I had read it through at least twice last night before I asked about it. Guess I was just too tired at the time. Anyway, about the price, it seems like a fair price for a 6-7 year old f250 if it's in good shape overall.
  10. pats plowing

bought it

i am now the proud owner of a 1995 f250 extended cab 4*4. i have a fisher plow going on it and will have it up here by nxt week too bad it wasnt last week since snow is on the way. i found out some more about the truck. it is the xlt with power everything cd player power seats etc. the interior is very clean. it has a brand new automatic trany from aamco with a lifetime guarantee(which cost $2000 receipt included). it drives very well no leaks at all and runs great. it has a great paint job on it (red) never been worked at all no scratches or dings, cant wait to get it up here!
  11. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Congrats, good luck with it. Hope you get to use it in some snow.
  12. hiranger

hiranger Member

Sounds like a nice Ford, but better be careful not to scratch the paint! Plowing can tear trucks up!

Ford Tough