1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 f250 4wd issue

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dieselpusher, Dec 17, 2009.

1. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

hey everyone
    i have a 95 f250 diesel single cab 8ft bed with a 8ft western uni mount

i noticed the last little snow fall we had when i was in 4wd hi

the steering wheel would wobble

any ideas?
  2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I had a 1995 F-350 that had a wobble in the steering wheel and we ended up having to replace the entire steering column. However you could have something totally different that was just my experience with it. The column bearing etc... were shot
  3. dieselpusher

well my steering column is shot to begin with i have so much play its like i have tilt steering haha.
    but you think the 4 wd is what is shaking it that much or do you think i have front end issues
  4. chech you front cv joints on the front axles the may need a chage or just grease if so that should help out
  5. dieselpusher

yeah i was thinking that. wheres the grease point for that
  6. should be toward the outer part of the cv usally or in the top center away from the bearing caps from what I can remember
  7. is it that same feeling when it's in 4 low and you go to turn the wheels and the front end kinda clunks after the knuckle flips over if so I would say that would require a muck closer look or it could be the bearing in the cv's are gone from the lack of grease and dried out exspecIALY if your truck is going thru alot of salt whish gets up in the cv and causes al kinds of havoc