1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 F150 4x4

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by orucco, Jun 11, 2004.

1. orucco

orucco Junior Member
    from WA

I am looking at buying a real clean 95 f150 4X4 4.9L 5 speed with 98K miles for an all around truck that I may want to put a plow on to just do my own driveway which is about 900' long. I have been using a 12.5 hp walk behind snowthrower the last 3 years but last winter I had to pay several times as we are getting back to normal winters. This truck also has 3.08 gearing. Any opinions would greatly be appreciated..............Thanks.
  2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

That truck will do your job, but I would never think of plowing again with a manual transmition. have done it for many years but never again. everything elce on the truck is ok for a small plow rig for limited work like your driveway.

3. towman

towman Member

that set up will work fine, if you are only doing your own driveway i would use four wheel low the whole time to save wear and tear on the clutch
  4. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

My very first plow truck was a 94 F-150, 300-6 (4.9L), 5 spd with 3.08's. I plowed in low range all the time, with the 3.08s and it worked fine. Then I regeared it to 4.10's gave it a 3" suspension lift started to run 33's and then I ran high range about 70% of the time. I still have the truck, but it has since been retired from plowing. It now has 156,000 miles with the original clutch, tranny, T-case, and motor. Don't let the manual tranny scare you. All of my trucks but one have been manuals. I actually like plowing with manuals better than an auto (just personal preference), I just think that I get a better feel for traction with a stick.

Good luck with the truck, it should do everything that you are looking for
  5. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Buy my truck! 95 F-150 4x4 Supercab XLT 156,000 Miles Trans just rebuilt....WITH a 7.5' Sno-Way Straight-blade with down pressure installed.. $3700.00

Call 248-240-5667 If Interested
  6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

The truck will be fine for more than just your drive if you want, id put a 7'6" plow on it.