1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 f-150 ???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by enufsed, Oct 30, 2002.

1. enufsed

enufsed Junior Member
    from pa

does anyone know if a western uni-mount off of a 97 f-250 will work on a 95 f-150?

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

enufsed, Welcome to Plowsite!:drinkup:

I don't remember when they split the body styles, but if the 150 body is the same as the 250 body, then yes, they will interchange. The current F-150 and F-250 light duty bodystyles also interchange, but F-250 Heavy Duty or Super Duty will not.

Be careful if you're using an 8' blade, it will probably be too heavy for the 1/2 ton front end.

3. enufsed

enufsed Junior Member
    from pa

the body style is the same and it is a 7 1/2 foot blade. i shouldn't have any prob...should i?

4. ScottyB.

ScottyB. Member

Be careful with F150's from '90-'97. They can't handle a lot of weight. This caution comes even from a Ford fan. A friend of mine totally screwed up the front end of his F150 although he had a "light weight" plow.
    If it's just going to be a plow truck you might take the chance, but if your putting it on your everyday truck...beware. Check with a local plow dealer to see how to beef up the front end.
    ScottyB.

5. Snow7669

Snow7669 Junior Member

F-150

enufsed,
    I've been plowing with 150's as my personal trucks since 1978. The first one was a brand new 1978 w/ 7 12" Meyers. After 2 years I had worn out the front coil springs. Replaced them and added air bags to the inside of the coils. Problem fixed. Kept that truck till 1985 bought another 150 w/ 7.5' Meyers, before I brought it home I had the dealer install air bags to the front coil springs, never had a problem, other than a bag broke (where and when I didn't know)
    Just replaced it and went on. Sold that one w/ 212,000 miles.
    Kept that till 1996 bought a new one w/ 7.5' Meyers, did the same thing air bags installed before I even brought the truck home. Kept that one until last fall (could'nt pass up the financing) had 120,000 on it when I sold it and never a problem w/ the bags.
    Other than that you should have a heavy duty front axle rating on the truck w/ manual lockout hubs. With my last truck I finally got away from the 150 went to a 250 just so I could try out the Blizzard 810 wing plow. Good luck, but my advice is definitely the bags!

PS The 8"0 is too much weight if it is a Meyers or equal.