1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 f-150 questions??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by THEKNEEBITER, Nov 20, 2003.

THEKNEEBITER Junior Member
    from MA.

i am looking to purchase a 95 f-150 4x4 xlt. regular cab 8ft bed 5.0 auto. all power with A/C 95k miles. very clean with no rot anywhere on the body. front and rear bumper has some rust around the bumper bolts. new oil pan,starter,brakes,tires. black/silver 2 tone. price is $6,200. this will be my first ford and wonder if this price is right and anything else i should be carefull of ? truck drove nice. started it up cold and there was no smoke. everything in the truck works except the oil pressure guage. i am hoping its the sending unit. if it turns out to be the guage i would put in an aftermarket one. i also want to put a 7 1/2 fisher on it.any info would be great. thanks
  2. 75gmck25

75gmck25 Senior Member

On many of the newer Fords the oil pressure sending unit is really just a pressure switch. If oil pressure is above a minimum amount (about 10 psi), it makes the gauge read at mid scale. However, you can use a sending unit from earlier years and the gauge will read full scale.

3. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

I had a 1995 F-150 with the 6 cyl. My oil pressure guage went south after 50,000 miles. I never got around to fixing it, but I think it was the sending unit. I had a Fisher 7'6" on it. It was a great plow truck. Sold it this summer to one of my employees for $3700 with the plow. It had 139,000 on the od. Probably could have gotten more if I had put it in the paper.

I had a 95 150 5.0 5 speed 4x4 xl. it was a great truck always ran great, biggest problem I had was RUST!!!! not so much on the body but everything underneath. check the under carriage good gas tanks, brake lines etc. I see the oil pan has been changed another trait of the year:rolleyes: but over all should be a great truck.
  5. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

Had to have my oil pan replaced as well, I think around 60 - 70k. The pan looked fine except for a pinhole leak.
  6. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I would think that $6,200 is too much for a 95 F-150, since right now I know where there is a 94 F-350 reg cab 4X4 xlt Powerstroke diesel, automatic with 105,000 miles for $7,000.

But anyway, I have a 94 F-150 4X4, 300-6, 5spd with 152,000 miles, for our shop truck. There it just a little rust on the oil pan but no leaks or holes yet. Although I know that is one problem that Ford did have from 93-96 especially on 302-351's and a few on 300-6's. Other than that it sounds like a great truck you found, just a little high priced.

THEKNEEBITER Junior Member
    from MA.

what do you think would be a good price to pay for the truck? it has new tires,brakes,shocks,oil pan. i looked under the truck and it was clean . thanks,for the replys
  8. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

I wouldn't go over $5000. You are also just about due to replace the fuel tanks. You may want to check around the seems for weepage.
  9. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

F150 value

I have a 95 F150 with 5.8, auto, extened cab, 4x4, and it books out at about $6900, so you can go down from there as far as value goes. I don't plow with it though, I use an F350 for that, I have wondered how the F150 would do, I don't think it would work well for commercial use, but the occasional driveway should be fine.