1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 Dodge stalling problems when shifting in cold weather

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by pfeiff, Feb 27, 2005.

1. pfeiff

pfeiff Junior Member
    from ohio

i have a dodge ram that is stalling when i shift from reverse to drive in cold weather. Is this just because the engine is cold or is a problem?
  2. wddodge

wddodge Member

Two common things to look for. First is to take the throttle body off and clean the throttle plates and bores with carb cleaner. I like Chem-tool personally. Also take the iac motor out and clean the plunger on it. If this does not cure the stalling, the problem may be the iac motor itself. You would have to have a scanner to check the operation or just put a new one in if you want to gamble with about $50.
  3. allabout

allabout Member

Try disconecting both batt. terminal let sit for 15. min. to reset PCM. or check cap/wires/plugs/sensors good luck
  4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

also make sure your idle is set correctly- too low an idle will result in that happening. Very common on diesels.