1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 dodge ram 4x4

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by kandklandscape0, Dec 31, 2007.

1. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

95 dodge ram 1500 4x4 360 motor

where the tranny and motor meet it is leaking fluid where the dust pan is, the fluid is leaking down there onto the ground, it is leaking onto the oil filter to. the puddle is about 6x9 and it drips around 1/2 quart after plowing a little and around 3/4 quart every time we plow hard.

i am told it is the front tranny seal, or bearing or pump. has anyone ever had the problem i just said, im sure you have if you are a dodge owner haha

also the tranny was rebuilt 15k ago but shouldnt these parts be replaced when it was rebuilt, or some shops prob dont replace everything.

2. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Type of fluid would help. Red Fluid = Tranny, Brown Fluid = Engine Oil. To me it sounds like a rear main(engine side).

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What ,AiRhed said , Type of fluid would help.
    Red Fluid = Tranny, Brown Fluid = Engine Oil.

4. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

5. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

My Truck is a 96 1500 Leaking in the same place..mine is Def. the rear main seal

6. kandklandscape0

no it is deff tranny fluid, redish brown color.... not motor oil at all

7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

could be that infamous 20$dollar gasket that you have to pop the eng and the tranny loose to repair. One day if u doit. 4000.00 if the shop does it.

8. kandklandscape0

actually its the $9 gasket, 225$ not to bad

9. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Thank you, I was about to write the same thing.

-mike