1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 dodge ram 1500 fram bending

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by R.J.S. SNOWPLOW, Feb 24, 2011.

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

I have a 95 ram 1500 4x4 my front bumper has dropped about an inch I did notice where the frame bends up its rotten away with rust has holes in them what can I do to fix this
  2. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

get a new fram or a new truck if your plowing with it you have too much weight on the front of it. and most likely to much weight in the bed.......
  3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

what you see on the outside is nothing. thay rust out from the inside on the boxed frames. by the time you refab it or cut out and splice in a good set of rails its not the best.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Pictures would give a better response for a fix.

Yea well I know I need a bigger truck but
    In the past year
    Rebuilt motor
    Rebuilt trans
    All new brake system
    All new fuel system
    Rebuilt front axle
    Front and rear suspension beefed up
  6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Well add a new frame to that list.
  7. Ozark Hillbilly

Ozark Hillbilly Member
    from Misery

If you are determined to use your new and rebuilt parts then one good bet would be to get a compatible truck without the rust problem, swap some components, and scrap or part out the rest. Finding one cheap with drivetrain problems would even be a plus in that case.

Another option is to just part it out and recoup some of the money it sounds like you need to spend on a different truck.

Sweetk30 is right. By the time you see what yours sounds like it is time to cut bait and run.
  8. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

On a serious note don't matter what you replaced when the foundation goes, so does the truck...

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Maybe get a old Ramcharger body after the fix.

10. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

buy a new truck and part the old one out...it will cost more than the truck to fix it
  11. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Seems to me about 50 guys told you months ago, not to put a vbox in your truck, and that the plow was to heavy... WOW and look what happened

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

dont worry about it, its not the frame, all 2nd gen rams bumpers sag over time, i have had 3 2nd gen rams and all 3 had the classic bumber sag.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Find a new mechanic if the frame is that soft. When they were doing the engine/ trans R&R they should of noticed the rot in the frame. Any good retuable mechanic would of advised you not to put that much work into a truck of that condition!!!

Cut your losses and look for a decent truck that needs a trans / engine work. This way you can piece the best of the best together to recoup your cash.
  14. Ozark Hillbilly

Ozark Hillbilly Member
    from Misery

Absolutely right about that.
  15. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Agreed but now mechanics are depressor for money so they try fool customers to spend more money in that.

I love how many people ask me how to fix their cars when I look and I told them rid of it. They never listen to me and they listen to other people and put tons money then lost on it.
  16. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

yes and no.

more are prob scamming cash. but i would never do that. i am to nice.

and been there . dont fix it toss it. and 6 months later hay say i got it fixed for 1500 bucks and 4 mechaincs later. but now its still only worth 200 in scrap. what do you think ? :laughing::laughing:
  17. damian

damian Senior Member

you cant help some folks,but i dont blame alot of the public for not listening,most of my 'colleagues' arent to impressive,if i were smart i'd be doing whatever it is my customers do instead of wrenching.mechanics are a strange bunch, if you are smart enough to be a good tech you should be smart enough to know you should be doing something else with your brain.sorry for getting of track i could go on forever about this trade.

That was about putting a 1.5 vbox on it.
    Truck has a 3/4 yard vbox for your info.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

I will be buying a 3500 or a 4500 truck and keep this one as a plow truck only. And maybe put a back blade on her go to try make my money back. Thanks for all the info

You got it. Its the bumper sagging front